Many people can eat nutritious foods during the daylight hours, but as the evening winds down they tend to crave carbohydrate-based processed foods or sweeter items. As the winter months approach, the tendency to crave carbs at night seems to increase.
Train yourself to eat a little protein before you go to bed. Scramble a few eggs or have some leftovers of a protein-based meal (chicken, beef, etc).
If you can tolerate dairy, try this protein snack (video embedded below)! It’s one of my favourites…
Protein Midnight Snack:
– 1/2 c organic cottage cheese
– 1 scoop chocolate protein (casein, milk blend or vegan source)
– unsweetened chocolate almond or coconut milk to blend
– 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
– 1 tsp chocolate NutraSea oil (or flax oil)
– 1 Tbs almond or other nut butter
– (pumpkin seeds, slivered almonds, ground flax seeds, optional)
Full of slow-releasing proteins and healthy fats, this not only tastes great, it will keep you satisfied late at night.
Purchase chocolate NutraSea oil here*:
* Save on NutraSea purchases with my coupon code GREGC (non-sale products only).